Sunday, February 17, 2013

Scrabble Word of the Day - Pray




I had fun this weekend with my camera and Scrabble tiles and a meditation in my mind about prayer being limitless in its form and expression. Then I found some inspiring quotes from famous people and thought about what prayer meant to them throughout their lives and how they brought strength into their day.

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day."
-Abraham Lincoln

"If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough."
- Meister Eckhart

"Go where your best prayers take you."
-F. Buechner

"By meditation we connect the little joy of the soul with the vast joy of the Spirit."
-P. Yogananda


   - *  -  *  -  *  -  *  -  *  -  *  -  *  -  *  -  *  -  *  -  *  -  *  -  *  -  *  -  *