Use the herbs that are in your garden for this seasoned sea salt. Every time I make my seasoned salt it is a little different, but always amazing. Mixing in some dried flowers works well too- try lavender, rose, nasturtium. Creating different batches and blends is fun.
1 Cup chopped mixed herbs: use your favorites- Chives, Parsley, Rosemary, Basil, Thyme, Oregano.
1/2 Cup Sea Salt
1/2 Cup Kosher Salt
1/8 Cup of extra herbs to save on the side.
1. Blend Sea Salt in the Blender a few seconds until it is the same size as Kosher Salt.
2. Transfer both Salts to a food processor and add chopped herbs- pulse until well mixed and the size of the salt is to your liking.
3. The salt will turn a nice green color- I like to keep my seasoned salt on the coarse side.
4. Turn mixture into a pan and add the last 1/8 Cup of chopped herbs, mix well.
5. Cook at 200 degrees for 1 Hour or until all herbs are dried out. Mix after 30 minutes and break up all the chunks.
6. Cool completely, Return to the food processor for a few QUICK pulses to blend evenly.